Bagged Products | Featured 2 | Lime & Clay
Australian Builders Premium Clay has very fine particle size distribution and high plasticity and refractory characteristics.
- Minimum amount of clay should be used in mortar or render to achieve desired workability and finishability
- Required amount of clay should be identified first using a trial mix before applying in the mortar/render.
- Required amount of clay may be varied according to the characteristic of the sand used in the mix.
- Important note 1: clay cannot be used as a replacement of hydrated lime.
- Important note 2: excessive clay in mortar or render mixes will consume higher water, thereby the end- product will have lower strength development, higher shrinkage, and lower bond strength.
Australian Builders Premium Clay can be used in mortar / render mix to obtain desired workability and finishability. Clay can be used as a general filler to get better particle size distribution in mixes and can also be used to increase fire resistance in the mix.
Important: Mortar/Render mix containing clay should be trialed before use.